Thursday, November 10, 2005

Having the freedom to choose

Well, since I initially created this blog I have not used it has of not having enough time to concentrate on writing in it. Lucky me and you, now I have plenty of time for it. I resigned from my last job due to miss-finding my true self in doing what it was (being a product engineer without the ability to express myself). And now I have the time to freely think of what is it in the world that I was borned to do. Although I already know what I love to do (and unobjjectively thinks that I'm doing well) - which is being an R&D Development manager, I preffer to use this unique time in my life for in-depth thinking, after all - you don't have the chance to re-think your future and make your own choose on a daily/monthly or even yearly basis - at least not most of us - and among us myself.

Well, now I have the freedom to choose and I don't know where to start from. I decided not to really look for a job for a short period, at least until I'll start to feel bored. Well - haha, this is the first mistake, I'm already bored. Being an hi-tech employee for a period of more than 15 years (actually it is 19 - but we better stop count at this point), put me in a stressed environment that now without it I feel like in a vacum. So, first of all I decided to give myself a credit for several months and give myself the opportunity to feel this emptyness until I'll get out of it, in my point of view in one of the following ways:
1. I'll think of a briliant idea for a new business and decide to go for it.
2. I'll luckily find a new opportunity out of my current connections and decide to go for it.
3. I'll gain enormous success in my technical analysis of the stock market - a hobby that I now have more time to spend on - that I'll decide to continue doing it for a living - well, this requires much more time to spend on, but this is also an option that might evolved.
4. I'll so much get bored that I'll decide to get back to the employment circle no matter what (hmm - this is the unfavored option - but whatever, it exist)

As you might understand already, the list order is meaningful. The 1st option is the one that I most favor and the last one is a nightmare. Hopefully I'll end-up with the first.

No comments: