Saturday, November 26, 2005

Singles Party - My Brother is Getting Married

Cheers - My brother is getting married next week and instead of the regular standard striptease party (which we have been forbidden to organize - a veto from his future wife) we took him out to a golf club at Caesarea. So we took a small lesson in Golf, learnt that this is not easy as it might seem like, and enjoyed riding on the Golf carts. It was a sunny day and I could finally understand what is it that people so love in Golf. First of all, it is a technique-based sport/hobby, if you "know the game" you can flourish. High achievers mostly like it since it raises a challenge. Other than that, you have lot of time for thinking and you are doing it in the open surrounded by lot of green relaxing view. If you are good at it and does not burn your mussels as we did (we didn't acquired the technique yet, and we surely been good at digging in the grass whenever we missed the ball - and this happened alllllot), you can spanned easily an enjoyable half day.
Just as we got into the club, a private chopper took off, giving us the initial taste of being out of our standard environment.
There is a complete industry around Golfing. There are more than 300 golf stick manufacturers, different shoe makers, cloths, Golf carts, Golf Balls, and more.
The golf clubs always considered as being at the high end of the health clubs, and many claims that business deals can be closed much easily during a Golf playing session. By looking at the Club's prospects It was clear that most of the visitors are people with lot of extra time, either rich or being in pension. Since I'm not rich and far from getting into my pension, and since most of my businesses have been closed so far out of the golf yard - it will took me awhile since I'll get back to this Golf club - but I'm looking for it, just give me some time...

Hey - cheers to my brother - it was fun and we are all wishing him good luck.

No comments: